On May 25, 2007, I began 101 days of a Summer Sabbatical which has two purposes: Renewal and Refocus
RENEWAL is what I am seeking personally. It is the inside stuff of having a fully alive, fully engaged heart with God.
REFOCUS is what I am seeking in my ministry - a BIG GOD-VIEW PERSPECTIVE.

Friday, April 6, 2007

101 Days . . .

You may have noticed that the Sabbatical journey is 101 days long. When I added it up that seemed like a long time . . . until I realized that by the time I leave I will have been here 3,650 days – 10 years!

10 years is so hard to believe! It seems like yesterday . . .
* The congregation voted for us to come as Senior Pastor
* That our youngest, Julie, was going in to 5th grade at Jeffers (she’s 20 now!)
* That I was still in my 30’s (ok, so 39 – but still in my 30’s!)
* We were experiencing the joy-filled journey of getting to know you.

So much has happened in our family
* Proms and graduations and significant others
* 3 out of 4 of the kids are married
* Did you know we are expecting our first grandchild any day (due 4-19)?
* Gwen is going to receive her Bachelors Degree (4-28)

And in the Church – becoming more and more
* immersed in prayer
* about reaching children & students
* engaged in our community and world
* generous with our time, energy, gifts, and money
* like Christ

The Psalmist asks God to “Teach me to number my days . . .”

That’s my prayer for the 101 – “Lord, teach me to number those 101 days in a way that is led by You.”

The 101 is exciting but not near as meaningful as the 3,650 have been.

No comments: