On May 25, 2007, I began 101 days of a Summer Sabbatical which has two purposes: Renewal and Refocus
RENEWAL is what I am seeking personally. It is the inside stuff of having a fully alive, fully engaged heart with God.
REFOCUS is what I am seeking in my ministry - a BIG GOD-VIEW PERSPECTIVE.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

EASTER REFLECTIONS . . .

So, I’m still thinking deeply about the message of love on Easter and the stories of life-change. My favorite quote of the day – David speaking of the friend who reached out to him in his need and pointed him to God – how he had given him a swift prayer in the butt! God’s love has no limits – the Curtain was torn – no more barriers (and over 1800 persons on Sunday said, Amen!).

Some have asked, So what do you do on a sabbatical?

I sense God’s leading to walk in 4 Blocks of time. Here is a glimpse at the first two

Block 1 – Decompression and Rest – in Western U.S. parks (UT, AZ, NM, MT) - Several days of alone time for rest, reflection, hiking, prayer, journaling, soul reading, worship and word. Gwen will join me for the second half of this block.

Interlude – Coaching and time with grandchild!

Block 2 – Mission Partner coaching and personal and couple growth – in Slovakia, Bosnia, and Croatia. We will enjoy time with missionaries Steve & Jo Kilbry in Slovakia and then our partners in Bosnia. Most of the time will be spent in study, couple time, reading, writing and reflecting and some limited sight-seeing.

Interlude – We will come back for more time with the grandchild!

We’re not gone yet – so as you are praying for uscould you please ask for clarity in completing a number of pre-sabbatical tasks? Lots of people are stepping up to the plate at this time. Pray for Pastor Peter who will give significant leadership during the Sabbatical and Pastor Peter and Pastor Dave Horne as they give significant investment to the preaching while I am gone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to sharing this time with you honey! So thankful for a church body who values such a time as this. Trusting God for a renewed husband and a church with a renewed focus.

Shirley Ann said...

I am glad for you, yet the mother in me still has a little difficulty with all this. You understand. I know God has some great things for you to discover.Mom

Josh Jackson said...

I wish I could spend a few days with you out in the woods!! If we needed to make our packs lighter, we could throw away some coffee filters or something. ;)