On May 25, 2007, I began 101 days of a Summer Sabbatical which has two purposes: Renewal and Refocus
RENEWAL is what I am seeking personally. It is the inside stuff of having a fully alive, fully engaged heart with God.
REFOCUS is what I am seeking in my ministry - a BIG GOD-VIEW PERSPECTIVE.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

21 Days . . .

Three weeks from today (September 4), I have the joy of checking back into my role as Senior Pastor of Spring Lake Wesleyan Church. That means that I am 80 days into this Sabbatical with just 21 left.

At 80% completed lots of memories come to my mind . . .

  • A host of solitude experiences – some significant, some pretty routine, but lots of moments alone to think, reflect, smile, and rest
  • Experiences with God - mostly just sort of "normal" times with a friend
  • About 70% of the days, thus far, have been spent with Gwen – they have been rich to this journey
  • Lots of hours in reading and writing and processing books and teachings
  • Times of travel – something I enjoy – times that have enhanced the Sabbatical

Most of allmy gratitude for so many prayers and my certainty of the need for significant prayer as this experience draws to a close. Would you please send up a few prayers related to:

  • The use of these final days – best experiences and connections with God and others
  • The debriefing process – integrating God and life lessons into real life
  • Identifying and clarifying new rhythms and pathways for the journey beyond
  • Clarity in understanding this next season of life and ministry
  • The ability to stay on Sabbatical until the final day
  • The adjustments for Gwen and me as we return to regular life

I haven’t been able to do this without your prayers – I can’t finish without them either. Thanks in advance for finishing strong with us

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say that it was so wonderful to see you last week. I felt so loved that you would come down just for a few moments together. I love you both so much. And the blueberries were the highlight of my week!!

Anonymous said...

God's blessings as you and Gwen finish up the sabbatical. I can't wait to hear how God moved in your lives this summer. We really miss you!! In Him, Linda and Steve

Deur said...

Thanks for hanging with us Sunday - it was great seeing you and the fam.

Dave Deur said...

Yup! That's right...I'm still praying all the way to finish line.
:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Dennis

We have certainly enjoyed taking the trip with you and Gwen. Enjoyed all the pictures too. We're thankful you are back in the states and close to home. We will continue holding you both up in prayer. With Love
Mom and Pop Grubb