On May 25, 2007, I began 101 days of a Summer Sabbatical which has two purposes: Renewal and Refocus
RENEWAL is what I am seeking personally. It is the inside stuff of having a fully alive, fully engaged heart with God.
REFOCUS is what I am seeking in my ministry - a BIG GOD-VIEW PERSPECTIVE.

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Incognito

Being back home for a while has been great! Have been striving to not be back quite yet - to stay incognito - which is pretty difficult in our small town!

OK, I haven't exactly been very icognito either . . .
  • I had to sneak in to see the closing of VBS - it was amazing! 400 Kids - 200 volunteers - amazing encounters with God through song, story, crafts - and most of all the love of so many connecting with kids!
  • I snuck into the office to discover about 500 golf tees all over my office put there by a departing staff member! I can't pull out a paper towel without discovering another golf tee! I will get even . . .
  • So I went to Coast Guard on the Midway and for the fireworks - with 50,000 of my closest friends and most of the congregation from SLWC! It was so good to run into many of the family.

It's a hard thing to not connect with people you love!

3 comments:

Dave Deur said...

If you're trying to find a home of the golf tees, let me know!

Dennis Jackson said...

Dave,

I'm not feeling the love nor the prayers. It's been a long time since I could visualize your prayers for me . . .

Dennis

Dave Deur said...

The love is there...the prayers are there...left hand over right.
I'll make sure I send you a photo to prove it. :)