On May 25, 2007, I began 101 days of a Summer Sabbatical which has two purposes: Renewal and Refocus
RENEWAL is what I am seeking personally. It is the inside stuff of having a fully alive, fully engaged heart with God.
REFOCUS is what I am seeking in my ministry - a BIG GOD-VIEW PERSPECTIVE.

Monday, August 27, 2007

WOW! The Final Week . . .

It's so hard to believe that I am in the final week of this Sabbatical Journey . . . time flies.

I am alone this week at a cottage provided by one of our board members (thanks Craig & Lora!). It's been a great get-away - quiet, comfortable, and beautiful - perfect for processing the final week of this journey. Bonus that it is relatively close to Lake Michigan and only 40 miles from my folks (we met half-way for lunch on Sunday).

Yesterday (Sunday 8/26), I walked 5+ miles on the beach of Lake Michigan. Had an incredible time looking back on some dark issues of my life and finding cleansing at a deeper level in the midst of the amazing sunshine of the day and the freeing light of my Shepherd. He leads, guides, and restores . . .

This final week includes:
  • wrapping up and summarizing key ideas and growth points along the journey
  • some work ahead on the fall sermon series
  • debriefing the experience
  • somehow discovering and embracing the What could life be like in the days ahead because of the sabbatical experience?

I realize that the journey will continue - even after I return - but could you hold me up in prayer for this very significant week?

Thanks

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will be praying for your last week and that God will provide exactly what you need. We eagerly anticipate seeing you and Gwen again!
Dave & Debbie

Dave Deur said...

I'm praying that you will experience full and overflowing refreshment and restoration from the Good Shepherd.
Dave

Anonymous said...

Dennis, You are in my prayers this week. Clarity and wisdom will be at the top of the list. And courage to move ahead on what God is leading you to do or don't do. You are an incredible pastor and friend. We are looking forward to your return! The church just looks different without your office light on late, late at nights! In Him,
Linda N