On May 25, 2007, I began 101 days of a Summer Sabbatical which has two purposes: Renewal and Refocus
RENEWAL is what I am seeking personally. It is the inside stuff of having a fully alive, fully engaged heart with God.
REFOCUS is what I am seeking in my ministry - a BIG GOD-VIEW PERSPECTIVE.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Gliding . . .


I kept watching them being pulled up over the Frankfort Lake Michigan beach - so I thought, "I'm going to check into this!"

A few minutes later I received a trip up to 3,000 feet in time to see an incredible sunset on Lake Michigan (it still seems like it would go out when it goes into the water like that)!

Never "glided" before. It was incredible. So smooth. Seemingly effortless.

Pete was flying - while Peter Y is one of my best friends, for the 25 minutes in the air, Pete the Pilot became my very best friend - he was in control - my life was in his hands.

One of the joys of this Sabbatical experience has been learning to glide . . . being led by the one who created wind.

3 comments:

Gwen Jackson said...

Wow, honey, so glad you did this. What a great "picture" to end your sabbatical - learning to glide. Looking forward to gliding with you in this next season of life.

Love you . . .

Anonymous said...

Just checked out your sabbatical blog. Fun to see your pics and read about your journey. Looking forward to having you back at SLWC. We missed you and Gwen! We feel so blessed by God to have you ministering to us here. Thanks for having such a big heart! Love, Amanda (and Eric) Rantanen

Dave Deur said...

Okay, okay...enough of this glide talk from the two of you. It's time to get back to work and use the gifts and abilities God gave you, to point others to Jesus Christ! smile
Have a great re-entry.