On May 25, 2007, I began 101 days of a Summer Sabbatical which has two purposes: Renewal and Refocus
RENEWAL is what I am seeking personally. It is the inside stuff of having a fully alive, fully engaged heart with God.
REFOCUS is what I am seeking in my ministry - a BIG GOD-VIEW PERSPECTIVE.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

DAY 1 OF 101

It's hard to believe that the Sabbatical is within hours of beginning. For months I have anticipated this day. I wondered what it would be like. I'm not sure I know what to do. I'm asking God to be my Shepherd.

To lead me.

To teach me.

To speak to me.

Day 1 of 101 (Friday, May 25) I fly to Salt Lake City where I will rent a car and drive to a town just East of Gallop, New Mexico. From there I will take several days to hike and explore National Parks and Monuments as well as other open areas.

DONQUEST
You've heard of MapQuest, well I have DonQuest. Don Peterson, a faithful friend and prayer partner, mapped the entire area out for me - people, exact exits to take, roads, what to see (and skip) and so much more. Don has been an incredible gift to me - freeing me from having to plan - freeing me to be led. Thanks Don for your gift!

For the first 15 days I will be alone. On day 15, Gwen will join me to complete this first block of the journey - a sort of time of decompression and physical, emotional, and soul rest.

Prayer Requests
  • The discovery of God's leading and a rhythm for the beginning of this journey
  • A deep sense of joy in God's presence
  • Personal renewal - beyond what I can comprehend
  • Deep marital oneness and sharing
  • Oh yeah, and all of the travel and safety issues

Thanks again for sharing in this journey with me!

No comments: