On May 25, 2007, I began 101 days of a Summer Sabbatical which has two purposes: Renewal and Refocus
RENEWAL is what I am seeking personally. It is the inside stuff of having a fully alive, fully engaged heart with God.
REFOCUS is what I am seeking in my ministry - a BIG GOD-VIEW PERSPECTIVE.

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Renewal in Israel

I am just preparing to board a flight to come home from Israel - a trip that indeed was a Spiritual Odyssey.

There is something about this land that renews your heart and passion for Jesus and for the intensity of the love He offers. I found that renewing love in the sense of deep community I observed in how the ancients lived. They were close in proximity. They were together in travel and in work and in spiritual activities - in all of life.

I found the renewing love in the places of consuming passion and compassion - the journey to Gethsemane - where the final alignment was made to give his life and love for all of us - and for me. I found the renewing love in the place where after his mockery trial, he was beaten. In the place where He willing allowed the cross to be placed on Him and He on it.

His overwhelming love deeply renewed me - not only because I was here - but uniquely because I was here.

The trip has been a gift of heart preparation for the 101 days ahead - that begin in just one week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dennis, We are so glad that you had a great trip. You all have been in our prayers.
By the way, Mark did a GREAT job preaching this past week. We look forward to seeing you on Sunday.
John and Jill