On May 25, 2007, I began 101 days of a Summer Sabbatical which has two purposes: Renewal and Refocus
RENEWAL is what I am seeking personally. It is the inside stuff of having a fully alive, fully engaged heart with God.
REFOCUS is what I am seeking in my ministry - a BIG GOD-VIEW PERSPECTIVE.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Great Sights

Gwen is here!

We had a great time in Salt Lake City! I had asked for a simple upgrade and ended up getting moved to the Executive Level Floor (with lots of perks) for cheaper than most of the places here! Went to Church on Saturday night at a "Lobby" type service - good time in the Word.

Monday, we took off for Jackson, WY (my family founded this community back in the early 1800's). Went on a drive into the Teton's and saw this Grizzly and cub! They crossed in front of us on the road - 10 feet away!


The mountains were amazing!


On Monday, we travelled on to Yellowstone and the Geyser's and Elk.


We also met Jacob and CJ - two teens who gave us the low down on the park and the geysers and where to go and what to do. They were obvious Christ followers and really cool reminders of why we have great hope as this world goes on.

Today, we move into Glacier National Park where there is still a lot of snow! Hoping to slow the pace a bit - to hike, to reflect, to connect with God and each other.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dennis and Gwen. We miss you guys. We wish we were there with you. You are in our prayers daily.
J&J

Ken said...

Dennis, I'm praying for you daily. Sorry I'll have moved by the time you get back. Continue to enjoy your time of reflection and renewal. -Ken

Josh Jackson said...

Glacier!! Yippee!!

Less people than Yellowstone and more scenery to enjoy. Have fun!!

:)

Anonymous said...

Hey:
Sorry I missed you guys, I was out in the Northern Range of Yellowstone on one of my days off'

Skip Browne