On May 25, 2007, I began 101 days of a Summer Sabbatical which has two purposes: Renewal and Refocus
RENEWAL is what I am seeking personally. It is the inside stuff of having a fully alive, fully engaged heart with God.
REFOCUS is what I am seeking in my ministry - a BIG GOD-VIEW PERSPECTIVE.

Sunday, June 3, 2007

Pictures . . .

I've visited several places so far . . . here are a few pictures










Window Rock - home of the Navajo Nation Headquarters











Canyon De Chelley
























Church Rock - which I climbed to the crest of - in a pathway I made up as I went along which would have freaked Gwen!







A natural arch in El Malpais National Monument park - I got better, closer pictures later because I found a trailed marked, LOSED, that took me right up into the arch area . . . (the sign may have been missing a letter . . .)










700 year old ruins of the forerunners of the Zuni and Pueblo Indians. These areas were used for 100+ years of the 700 that these Native Americans lived in this particular area.












Top of El Morro National Monument - one of my favorites and a place I spent a long morning on top of - again it seemed to be off the trail but sure was a great place to read, sun, and journal.

2 comments:

Dan said...

Hey Dennis,

What a beautiful area - great pics!

I hope you had a great weekend with God and his beautiful creation.

We missed you this morning, but Paul did a great job.

Praying for you,
Dan

Anonymous said...

Wow! beautiful pics!!! looks amazing!