On May 25, 2007, I began 101 days of a Summer Sabbatical which has two purposes: Renewal and Refocus
RENEWAL is what I am seeking personally. It is the inside stuff of having a fully alive, fully engaged heart with God.
REFOCUS is what I am seeking in my ministry - a BIG GOD-VIEW PERSPECTIVE.

Friday, July 13, 2007

Island Life

On Saturday, the 7th of July we headed out to the island of Hvar to the city of Stari Grad. The island is just off the mainland of Croatia and is rated in the top 10 islands in the world.

Bethany Karish lined up a vacation apartment with her friend Natalaje. It is up on a hill overlooking the community.

Here are some pictures . . .

The City of Split and our Ferry

In a back courtyard in Stari Grad - Beautiful!


Overlooking the Town of Stari Grad from a cross on the hillside

The city and harbor of Hvar from an old fort - I loved this place!

The two of us are having some great times - I rented a scooter yesterday and we drove around more parts of the island including a tunnel nearly a mile long without any lights! Amazing views and wonderful times in the sun.

We have had some great couple discussions and I am taking time to reflect and journal about areas of life change needed. God has been meeting with us in all of this.

Thanks again for your partnership in prayer! We have one more week then a few days in Split, Croatia before heading back to see Evee!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're enjoying your time on Hvar and at Natalija's place! I heard you were even able to have lunch with Marin!! I pray that the rest of your time in Hvar and Split will be restful and reflective and that God will continue to reveal Himself in new and fresh ways. Please greet Natalija for me!

Dan said...

Wow - that looks amazing!

Seems like this part of your "God-cation" is really cool. :-) I hope it's as refreshing as it is beautiful.

I've been thinking and praying for you guys.

We leave for youth camp tomorrow, so keep that in your prayers if you think of it... I'm excited to see what God is going to do!

Anonymous said...

Hey Gwen and Dennis,
It is exciting to see how far you guys have traveled. The pictures makes it look so enviteing. Have a great time!
Love you
Mom