On May 25, 2007, I began 101 days of a Summer Sabbatical which has two purposes: Renewal and Refocus
RENEWAL is what I am seeking personally. It is the inside stuff of having a fully alive, fully engaged heart with God.
REFOCUS is what I am seeking in my ministry - a BIG GOD-VIEW PERSPECTIVE.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

More Thoughts From the Middle . . .

Here are some BIG THOUGHTS at the midpoint . . .

  • Gratefulness – I still can’t believe that my church loves me enough to grant me this time away and that we have an amazing team to make it all work!

  • Grace – I’m overwhelmed at how giving God is . . . How forgiving . . .How loving . . . How caring . . . How amazing!

  • He is my Shepherd. He chooses this. He cares for my needs. He makes me lie down. He leads me. He restores me. He guides me into paths of righteousness for His Name’s sake.

  • I have more clarity of call and calling.

  • I love to grow – this has been a wonderful time to think and process and write and journey deeper with God and His mission assignments for my life.

  • I’m so grateful for people – the church – who seek to be used by God to make a difference in hundreds of little and big ways.

  • I’m so thankful for a group of men and women who team to lead this adventure we call SLW – people who partner with each other, with me, and most importantly with God.

  • I love being married to Gwen who loves me in spite of my obvious warts (working through a couple of long-standing warts of mine while here in Croatia).

  • My passions are growing and renewing for God and His passionate love for this world.

  • I’m thankful for His faithfulness – and hundreds of other small thoughts . . .

    Hey – check out Gwen’s Blog to catch her personal reflections on my first Middle Thoughts Entry at http://www.gwenjackson.blogspot.com/ or touch on the link under my face to the right.


Here are a few new pictures

Dennis took a night off cooking

Gwen standing on the Terrace outside of our studio apartment

Our Friend, Ivan, at the ice cream shop!

So far, our favorite swimming spot

Born to be WILD!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello Dennis and Gwen,
The pictures are so clear and it is always good to see you both. You're getting tan, I could hardly tell if you were caucasian on the picture at the ice cream shop.

Safe traveling,

Love
Mom

Anonymous said...

Man! You guys are tan! Looking very good. All the ice cream isn't showing... Can't wait to hear more about your time away.
Jamie